What's Hot? Books.

{ Author Interview: Imogen Rose }

A quick interview with Imogen Rose, the author of the Bonfire Academy books Initiation and Integration as part of her book tour!

1. When did you decide that you wanted to become a writer?
I never aspired to be a writer; in fact, writing was not my favorite subject in school. However, I’ve always loved making up stories for my kids, and my first novel, Portal, was a result of my younger daughter asking me to write down a story I began telling her. Once I finished writing that first book, I strongly felt the need to find out what happened next, and that’s when I decided to “become a writer.”

2. Which writer, if any, would you compare yourself to?
I feel every author has his or her own individual style. I’ve tried to cultivate my own.

3. If you couldn't be a writer, what would you be?
I am an immunologist by profession, so if this doesn’t work out, I can always don my white lab coat again. Research (without the unfortunate politics of the medical world) was a wonderful way to apply creativity to solving problems while enabling me to help people.

4. What's your all-time favourite book and why?
1984, by George Orwell, is a book that took me to place I could not have conjured up my own imagination and kept me there, spellbound, for the entire time I read it.

5. Do you have any advice for budding young writers?
Let your imagination flow, unhindered by external influences.

6. What inspired you to write Integration?
Integration is the prequel (the second) inspired by my book Faustine. After Fasutine’s publication, questions about her early life and her sudden closeness to Ryker spurred me on to investigate her days at the Bonfire Academy, and I began to write the Bonfire Academy series which follows Faustine’s days at the Academy through the eyes of an older student, Cordelia.

7. What's your favourite film adaption of a book?
I loved Catherine Hardwick’s adaptation of Twilight.

8. Which character from a book, if any, would you most like to trade lives with?
Olivia (from the Portal Chronicles) 

9. What are you working on next?
I am working on the fifth book of the Portal Chronicles—Fusion.

10. And lastly, if you could be any sort of paranormal creature, which would you choose?
A Wanderer!

{ Author Bio }

Imogen Rose is the author of the bestselling series, Portal Chronicles, which has attained cult status within indie literature and become a favorite among teens and adults alike. An immunologist by profession, Dr. Rose published her first work of fiction in 2010. She now writes full time and is currently working on her second teen series, the Bonfire Chronicles. Imogen was born in Sweden and has lived in several places, counting London among her favorites. She moved to New Jersey in 2001. A self-confessed Hermès addict, Imogen freely admits to being obsessed with Kurt Cobain. She enjoys shopping, traveling, watching movies, and hanging out with her family, friends, and Chihuahua.

Share this:

, , , , ,

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)