What's Hot? Books.

Showcase Sunday #15. 



Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Books, Biscuits and Tea. Its aim is to showcase your newest books and to see what everyone else received for review, borrowed from libraries, bought in bookshops and downloaded onto eReaders this week. If you'd like to join, click here.



This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel

Goodreads Summary: The purest intentions can stir up the darkest obsessions.

In this prequel to Mary Shelley’s gothic classic, Frankenstein, 16-year-old Victor Frankenstein begins a dark journey that will change his life forever. Victor’s twin, Konrad, has fallen ill, and no doctor is able to cure him. Unwilling to give up on his brother, Victor enlists his beautiful cousin Elizabeth and best friend Henry on a treacherous search for the ingredients to create the forbidden Elixir of Life. Impossible odds, dangerous alchemy and a bitter love triangle threaten their quest at every turn.

Victor knows he must not fail. But his success depends on how far he is willing to push the boundaries of nature, science, and love—and how much he is willing to sacrifice.

{ Thoughts }

So this book caught my eye at the library this week because it's supposed to be 'a prequel to Mary Shelley's gothic classic Frankenstein'. I loved Frankenstein, I thought it was an absolutely brilliant book and I'm really intrigued as to what this 'prequel' will bring.

What's everyone else received this week? Leave a link in the comments below! :)

Share this:

, , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of a sequel of Frankestein - should be interesting! And the cover is georgeous! The guy really seems Ben Barnes in Dorian Gray, LOL.

    Happy reading!
    Here's my SS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great showcase :)!


    Just to let you know I have nominated you for the one lovely blog award :)

    My post can me found HERE

    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)