2013: Upcoming Films

2013: Upcoming Films. 

These movies are in no particular order. There's no way that I'd be able to rank my levels of excitement. 2013 is going to be awesome!

1. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
So I have a confession to make. I haven't actually seen The Hobbit yet. What? Films are expensive these days and I've got revision to be doing. Okay technically I've seen the first six minutes of The Hobbit, but I suppose that doesn't really count. Anyways, I've heard some pretty amazing reviews of The Hobbit and anything to do with Lord of the Rings sounds good to me so I'm still excited for The Hobbit: Take Two. 

Synopsis: The Dwarfs, Bilbo and Gandalf have successfully escaped the misty mountains, but Bilbo has gained the one ring. They all continue their journey to get their gold back off the Dragon, Smaug.

2. The Great Gatsby
Man, I was so very, very angry when they pushed back the release date for The Great Gatsby. I'd been looking forward to it for most of 2012 and now, having studied the book, I'm more desperate than ever. The trailer is just so slick and sauve and cool and oh my. This is a must watch!

Synopsis: Nick Carraway, a Midwesterner now living on Long Island, finds himself fascinated by the mysterious past and lavish lifestyle of his neighbor, Jay Gatsby. He is drawn into Gatsby's circle, becoming a witness to obsession and tragedy.



3. Man of Steel
Image of Man of Steel
To be honest, I'm sick and tired of all the superhero movies that have been pumped out one after the other, but I just know this one is going to be a good one. God, Superman has never looked so sexy - and the actor is British yay!

Synopsis: An alien infant is raised on Earth, and grows up with superhuman abilities. He sets out to use these abilities to guard his adopted world.





4. Star Trek Into Darkness
Image of Star Trek Into DarknessI'm not the biggest Star Trek fan, but this still looks like it's going to be an exciting movie. Plus Chris Pine stars in it, and who wouldn't want to see more of Chris Pine?

Synopsis: After the crew of the Enterprise find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction.





5. Iron Man 3
Image of Iron Man 3I've never been a fan of Iron Man and to be honest I find Robert Downey Jr. incredibly irritating, but for some reason, The Avengers changed all that and I'm starting to like Tony Stark. Anyways, I think this is going to be a massive hit.


Synopsis: Tony Stark uses his ingenuity to fight those who destroyed his private world and soon goes up against his most powerful enemy yet: the Mandarin.





6. Monsters University

Image of Monsters Universitysajghkasfhgkdjfghkjf I only just found out about this film and now I'm so excited!! I absolutely loved Monsters Inc. as a kid, I only hope they haven't ruined it with a sequel!

Synposis: A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at the University of Fear -- when they weren't necessarily the best of friends.





7. The Hangover Part III


This movie is probably going to be awful, but it's just one of those things you've got to watch - right?

Synopsis: This time, there's no wedding. No bachelor party. What could go wrong, right? But when the Wolfpack hits the road, all bets are off.





8. Despicable Me 2
Image of Despicable Me 2Truth is, I haven't actually seen Despicable Me. *Gasp* But I will! Definitely before the second film comes out at least. These guys are simply adorable, I just hope the sequel is as good as the first film.

Synopsis: Gru, the girls, the unpredictably hilarious minions and a host of new characters return.





9. Thor: The Dark World 
Image of Thor: The Dark World

I can't actually remember if I've seen Thor or not, but I've been a fan of Chris Hemsworth ever since he was on Home and Away. I hear there are elves in this movie and elves are cool, so I guess this film will be too.

Synopsis: Thor battles an ancient race of Dark Elves led by the vengeful Malekith who threatens to plunge the universe back into darkness after the events of Avengers Assemble.



10. Catching Fire
Image of The Hunger Games: Catching FireI re-watched The Hunger Games on New Year's Eve and it's official - my obsession has been rekindled. I'm sososososo excited for Catching Fire, it was my favourite book in The Hunger Games trilogy so they'd better have done a good job of it! Plus, we'll be seeing more of Josh Hutcherson - yay!

Synopsis: The continuing adventures of Katniss Everdeen, which take place in a futuristic dystopian world, as she prepares for the Quarter Quell.




11. The Host
Image of The HostThis is an adaption of Stephanie Meyer's other book which wasn't quite as popular. Still a fairly good read, but doesn't have that addictive quality that Twilight did. Nevertheless, this is a cool story so I'm sure it'll be an interesting watch. Also Saoirse Ronan (seriously how do you pronounce her name?) is playing the protagonist and she's amazing.

Synposis: A parasitic alien soul is injected into the body of Melanie Stryder. Instead of carrying out her race's mission of taking over the Earth, "Wanda" (as she comes to be called) forms a bond with her host and sets out to aid other free humans.


12. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
I was literally just watching Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and drooling over Logan Lerman. That's all I'm looking forward to in this film really. (I kid, I'm sure it's got some other good qualities... maybe.)

Synopsis: In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends head into the Sea of Monsters to find the mythical Golden Fleece.





13. Warm Bodies 

Warm Bodies PosterZombie rom-com? Nicholas Hoult? HELL YEAH! This could either be really good, or really bad, but since it's from Jonathan Levine who directed 50/50, I'm going to go with really good. Either way, it's something fresh and original and that's not something you hear much of in the film industry these days.

Synopsis: After a zombie becomes involved with the girlfriend of one of his victims, their romance sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.



14. After Earth
Haven't seen Will Smith around in a while but when you see his name you just know it's going to be awesome. Well, most of the time it's going to be awesome. Here's he's acting alongside his son, Jayden Smith, again which should be interesting.

Synopsis: After a crash landing, a father and son explore a planet that was evacuated by humans 1,000 years earlier.




15. City of Bones
The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones PosterOkay when I said I couldn't rank these because I was excited about all of them - I lied. I'M SO EXCITED FOR CITY OF BONES I COULD BURST. Mortal Instruments is one of my all time favourite series and it's finally coming to life! I've seen some pics of the cast filming and it looks like it's going to be really good so yayayayayayayayayay. (As you can see I have lost the ability to form a coherent sentence)

Synposis: When her mom is attacked and taken from their home in New York City by a demon, a seemingly ordinary teenage girl, Clary Fray, finds out truths about her past and bloodline on her quest to get her back, that changes her entire life.

So there's my list. There are SO many more movies that I'm looking forward to that I know are going to amazing, but if I carry on then this list is never going to end! What are you guys most looking forward to? Let me know in the comments below!

Share this:

, , , , , , , , , ,

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED ABOUT IRON MAN 3 AND MONSTER UNIVERSITY. i have been waiting for monster u for sooooo long but they kept pushing the date back.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave your thoughts here and I'll get back to you :)